Sunday, May 9, 2010

Making my own sew in labels

So, here's the case:
it was a week before Inacraft when I realized I don't have any sew in label for my Calyx products !
To order the manufacture made, there won't be enough time; the minimum pcs required are too many for me, therefore they were also cost quite a lot. At that time I only need 24 pcs, and I've spent most of the budget for the Calyx production & the Inacraft tenant's fees.
I thought, what should I do? So I tried to make ones, hoping that it would be finished on time and I won't have to add much more costs to the budget.

I bought a white felt sheet, measured 51x24cm (it was only IDR 5000). Made an embroidery pattern of Calyx Id, then layered the felt sheet with a fusible stabilizer (viselin) to allow it to be stretched along the embroidery hoop. Have it embroidered, voila, 24 pcs of a very simple sew in labels done

Thing left to do was just to cut the felt sheet into 5x2,5cm labels, ready to be sew in

5 comments:

Love to hear from you, thanks for your comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails