Sunday, August 8, 2010

A New Craze: Cabochon Embroidery

Well, at least it's new for me. Beading embroidery it's not something unfamiliar for me, but I've never weave it into a cabochon embroidery before. I've been wanting to create one, I have the tools, supplies and tutes but hadn't got a chance to make it.

Yesterday, I spent a whole day, tried my hand on this, based on mbak Dini Sarbini's book.
Because it's just a first trial, I didn't dare to use the stiff stuff and faux suede for the backing. Instead, I used felt (lol!) and attached a magnet instead of a pin ( I love magnet, it won't make any hole if you attach it to anything ).
I have the cab made of resin from a picture I grabbed at The Graphic Fairy.
I appreciate any critics and suggestion for improvement, for I still not really happy on the ruffles edge I made .
So please, I welcome any comment(s) .



8 comments:

  1. iya cantiik, vintage banget ^^
    Btw cabochon bikin ndiri pake resin? wah gmn caranya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makasii mb Ina, walo pun sebenarnya aku masih belum puas dengan ruffles edgenya, masih belum perfect...
    Iya mb, aku kirim gambar ke adikku di Bandung, dia ada tukang yang suka bikin2 barang resin, dibikinkan lah olehnya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable. The image combined with the embroidery is fantastic and I love the ruffled edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Petra :)
    Yes, I love images from The Graphic Fairy. Not too happy with the ruffled edges though, still working on it, but I'm happy to know that you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! I love the ruffled edges, I think your being too hard on yourself. You did a fabulous job! Thanks so much for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Karen, that's very encouraging :)
    In fact, I just did 2 more brooches with other Flower Fairy images from your site and thought they're better than this one (I'll post it later ;))
    It was my pleasure to join Brag Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, thanks for your comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails