Thursday, April 15, 2010

Inspiration from Pahawang Island

Last month we went to Pahawang Island, a small island around 45 minutes trip from Bandar Lampung.
I haven't seen such a clear water since my trip to Gili Trawangan, Lombok, years ago. The corals lay on shallow water, seen clearly from the port.
My son Kiki, enjoyed the scuba diving so much. Accompanied by a local who works as a tour guide, he could see fishes, star fishes and beautiful corals.



Kiki, my son, was the one on the right



I was very much wanting to join him, unfortunately I'm not a good swimmer and don't have a muslima bathing suit (I know I'm lame, lol).

The beauty of Pahawang Island's water impressed me so much that it also inspired me to make kids hijab creations as you can see below.

Fathia, my protegee, wearing the hijab


They are jersey hijabs, embellished with ribbon embroidery, chipped shells and sea creatures shaped novelty buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, thanks for your comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails